The Young Essex Assembly (YEA) has a number of sub-groups that help it do its work and communicate with other main bodies.
The subgroups are:
- Chairs group (plan and run monthly YEA sitting)
- Policies & procedures (review and develop the YEA's policies and procedures and ensure they are being adhered to)
- Communications group (create the YEA updates, update the website content and write press releases. this will also be the go to group, to work with ECC's corporate communication team if and when needed)
- Budget (set and manage the YEA budget)
- Safety advisory group (women's safety, working with Essex's violence and vulnerability unit and the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner)
- Climate and environment (working with Essex Climate Action Commission and the Local Nature Partnership)
- Research group (lead on any surveys and reports the YEA creates as well as support other YEA groups with any research needed)
- Equality in sports (set up by a South YEA member to explore inequality in sports within school)
- United Kingdom Youth Parliament are members who sit on the Eastern Region Board for young people. They can also hold debates in the House of Commons. It is the UKYP’s job to liaise between the YEA and the Eastern Region Board.