How to stand for election
Application forms are available from Friday 1st July 2022, until closing date of Friday 20th January 2023. Please contact email@example.com for any information.
YEA Team Building Residential for all applicants February Half Term 2023- Details to be confirmed.
Voting will take place from Monday 20th March 2023 until Friday 31st March 2023.
Declaration Event will be held on Saturday 15th April 2023 (venue to be confirmed)
Term of Office begins Monday 1st May 2023 and ends Wednesday 30th April 2025.
As a YEA member you need to meet the following criteria:
- The minimum age to join the YEA is 11 years and must be attending secondary school. The maximum age is 19 years and up to 25 years with additional needs.
- You must either live, work or study in the district you wish to represent.
- You need to attend the monthly meetings plus events and training as required.
We also expect you to:
- Represent all young people in your district.
- Feedback to local young people on the YEA's work.
- Check your emails regularly and keep in contact with staff and your peers.
- Serve from 1st May 2023 to 30th April 2025 if you are elected.
- Make your own way to meetings.
Husting's days and Information Days
These days will feature activities and information run by current
YEA members and staff.
At the Hustings and Information Days you'll have the opportunity to:
- Find out more about the YEA and its benefits as well as what it’s like to be a member
- Meet existing YEA members and have the opportunity to ask them questions
- Find out what YEA members have done in previous years
- Meet the staff that work with the YEA
- Have support to write your candidate statement
- If more people attend than there are spaces on the ballot paper
a vote will be held on the day. Candidates not successful on the day
will be informed about other local opportunities.
Please get in touch if you have any questions or worries about getting involved.