How to stand for election
Application forms are available from 1st July 2022, until closing date of 17th October 2022. Please contact email@example.com for any information.
Hustings Events will take place on 24th-30th October 2022.
The voting will take place on Monday 21st November until Friday 2nd December 2022.
Declaration events revealing the newly elected members will happen countywide Monday 12th December to Thursday 22nd December 2022.
The term of office begins 1st January 2023, and ends the 31st December 2024.
As a YEA member you need to meet the following criteria:
- The minimum age to join the YEA is 11 years and must be attending secondary school. The maximum age is 19 years and up to 25 years with additional needs.
- You must either live, work or study in the district you wish to represent.
- You need to attend the monthly meetings plus events and training as required.
We also expect you to:
- Represent all young people in your district.
- Feed back to local young people on the YEA's work.
- Check your emails regularly and keep in contact with staff and your peers.
- Serve from 1st January 2023 to 31st December 2024 if you are elected.
- Make your own way to meetings.
These days feature activities and information run by current
YEA members and staff.
At the Hustings day you'll have the opportunity to:
- Find out more about the YEA and its benefits as well as what it’s like to be a member
- Meet existing YEA members and have the opportunity to ask them questions
- Find out what YEA members have done in previous years
- Meet the staff that work with the YEA
- Have support to write your candidate statement
- If more people attend than there are spaces on the ballot paper
a vote will be held on the day. Candidates not successful on the day
will be informed about other local opportunities.
This year the information days will take place during October Half Term 2022.
Please get in touch if you have any questions or worries about getting involved.